exterior painting trends for your home: What You Need to Know
People feel curious to Exterior Painting Trends to Watch The exterior painting ideas we offer will help you get the look you want. Thi s is the blog you should be reading.
In 2014 the painting industry has been one of the most popular among homeowners and interior designers. There were several exterior painting trends that were heavily discussed throughout the year, and we are sure that 2015 will bring along its own unique trends as well.
Here are a few of the exterior painting trends that have been popular in previous years and also have been gaining momentum recently.
Table of Contents
The way we view the exterior of our home has changed. As the desire to live a more green and sustainable life grows, homeowners across the United States are looking to make improvements that will help them do just that. One way to achieve this is through exterior painting.
Tinterj, a residential and commercial painting service based out of St. Louis, MO and founded in 2007, offers a few exterior painting trends homeowners are following today.
Exterior Design Trends:
- Going Green – Incorporating organic and sustainable materials into your home’s exterior is not only good for the environment, but it can also add value to your property.
- Adding a Pop of Color – A little bit of Bold and bright colour can go a long way in adding personality – Don’t be afraid to make a statement with your exterior paint job. Bright colours can really make your home pop and curb appeal to your home.
- Going Back to Basics – Simple and clean lines are making a comeback in exterior design.
- Making a Statement with Windows – Windows are one of the most important features of your home’s exterior, so make them count!
- embracing Nature – Incorporating natural elements into your home’s design is a great way to create a sense of harmony and balance.
- Playing with Textures – Creating visual interest through texture is a trend that is here to stay.
- Updating Your Hardware – Something as simple as updating your door hardware can give your home’s exterior an instant facelift.
- Lighting the Way – Strategic lighting can create a warm and inviting ambiance, as well as highlight your home’s best features.
- Going Vertical – Making use of vertical space is a great way to add interest and character to your home’s exterior.
- Making an Entrance – first impressions matter, so make sure your entranceway is welcoming and inviting!
- Green is the new black – More and more people are environmentally conscious and want their homes to reflect that. Expect to see a lot of earth tones and muted colors as people try to create a more natural look.
- Masculine vs Feminine – The current trend is towards a more masculine aesthetic, but there will always be a market for softer, more feminine looks.
- Statement Doors – A pop of color on your front door is a great way to make a statement without going too crazy. This trend is only going to become more popular as people become braver with their choices.
- Textured Walls – Whether it’s stucco, stone, or wood, textured walls are a great way to add visual interest to your home.
- Accent Ceilings – A trend that’s been growing in popularity over the last few years, accent ceilings are a great way to add depth and dimension to your space.
- Metallics – Metallics are always in style, but they’ll be especially popular in 2030 as people look for ways to add a bit of luxury to their homes.
- Geometric Patterns – Geometric patterns are making a comeback in a big way. Expect to see them everywhere from wallpaper to furniture in the coming years.
- Floral Prints – Floral prints will never go out of style, but they’ll be especially popular in 2030 as people seek out ways to add a touch of nature to their homes.
- Tropical Themes – With the rise in global temperatures, expect tropical themes to become increasingly popular as people look for ways to escape the heat.
- Nautical Themes – As coastal flooding becomes more common, nautical themes will become increasingly popular as people seek out ways to remember their love of the ocean.
- Industrial Elements – Exposed pipes and ductwork, concrete floors, and brick walls will continue to be popular as people seek out ways to create an industrial feel in their homes.
12..Monochrome Color Schemes – Monochromatic color schemes are clean, modern, and stylish, making them perfect for 2030. Expect to see a lot of black, white, and gray in the coming years